Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry, I love you!

The new Harry Potter book was really quite good! I know that Jen has already written about us freaks, but I thought I'd write a bit as well. Nothing like ground already covered, eh?

First of all, there was much less capitalization. Which is very good. Though I love Jo, I'm not sure all caps is really the best way to express anger. I think good adverbs and adjectives are muy better.

Second of all, yikes. Even though I saw it coming (we in the know, know the "it"), I could not stop the bawling. It was horrible. It was two in the morning and I sat on my couch doing the big gross sobs. You know the kind I'm talking about. Oscar-worthy heaves.

Third, it was much more concise. And after living in the tech writing world for a year, I've really come to appreciate that.

So, yeah. I'm a total freak. But I'm pretty okay with that. At least I'm not alone, eh?

1 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger Penny said...

did you really say muy better? also, i'm rereading all the harry potter's and every time there's all caps i think of you now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home